General License Class
Ham Radio General License – Two-day Class
Black Forest, Colorado
Sat Feb 24 and Sat Mar 3 (8 AM to 5 PM) 2018
Location: Black Forest Fire Station, intersection Burgess Rd. & Teachout Rd.
The General License provides access to regional and worldwide communications on the HF bands via ionospheric skip, greatly expanding operational capabilities!
- Upgrade from Technician to General Class radio privileges
- Pass your FCC General Class amateur license exam Mar 10*
- Live equipment demonstrations and activities
- Learn to operate on the HF bands, 10 Meters to 160 Meters
- Gain a deeper understanding of radio electronics and theory
- Take the next step with antennas, amplifiers, digital modes
Registration fee: $30 ($20 for under 18 years of age)
In addition, students must have the required study guide:
HamRadioSchool.com General License Course
Second Edition, effective 2015 – 2019, $22.95
Current FCC Technician License required for registration.
First-come registration acceptance until class is full.
To register for the class, contact: Bob Witte KØNR
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 719/659-3727
Test session: Mar 10 9:00 am, session supporting W0TLM General License Class offering.
- Pre-registration is required for this session if you are not registered for the class offering.
- Seating is limited; license class students have priority.
- Black Forest Fire & Rescue Classroom, 11445 Teachout Road (Black Forest), Colorado Springs, CO 80908
What You’ll Need:
Before the exam session please register for a Federal Registration Number (FRN) on the FCC Wireless web site: https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
Bring your FRN to the session – it avoids handling SSNs. (This is required, but we can help you look up your current FRN or register, if needed).
Bring a copy of any current FCC license you hold.
Bring a pencil for filling in your exam answer sheet.
Bring a conventional calculator, memories cleared. No cell phone use allowed.
Bring a current valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, student ID, or military ID. (This is required)