This is our “Tech Day” and “Field Day” combined into one event. Tech Day has always been an education day, particularly aimed at the newer licensees. Field Day is a the ARRL emergency preparedness operating event when radio clubs set up portable stations under field conditions. Our Tech Field Day was a one day event, on June 25th that combines the best of both activities. We had over 20 attendees for most sessions, and a great time operating! Please consider making plans to join us next year!
Black Forest Fire Station 1
11445 Teachout Road, Colorado Springs
W0TLM One-day education and radio operating event.
- Learn from informative presentations on amateur radio topics
- Operate a high frequency (HF) radio station with the helpful
guidance of an experienced radio ham
- Learn about emergency communications and public service
- Have a bunch of fun messing around with ham radio stuff!
|8:30||Presentation – Why Field Day?||Larry N0AMP|
|9:30||ARES||John Bloodgood Area ARES Coordinator|
|10:30||Hamsphere: Introduction and Overview||Barry KD0RQU|
|11:30||Low Cost Software Defined Radios||Chip K0CHP|
|12:00||Start Field Day Operating|
|13:30||Dry Training for Radio Operating||Stu W0STU|
|14:30||Introduction to Rasberry Pi for Ham Radio||John KE0AHD|
|15:30||“Ask an Elmer” Panel||Stu W0STU and crew|
|17:00||End of operations|
Two High Frequency Radio Stations
Get on the HF bands and make Field Day contacts under the direction of an experienced operator. You don’t even need an amateur radio license!
Station 1: HF/VHF Phone Operations (SSB & FM, operated by Stu WØSTU)
- Extendable vertical for 6m – 20m, with ground radials.
- Loaded dipole for 40m for NVIS SSB phone.
- Horizontal Yagi 2m SSB; arrange timed contacts with other Field Day ops around region
- Vertical dual-band 2m/70cm for FM ops
Station 2: PSK31 Digital Station (operated by Larry NØAMP)
- Wire dipoles as constructed by Larry’s group project for 15m and/or 20m digital station ops
- Other antennas as required, possible use of 40m dipole above.
Pikes Peak Regional Fire Rehab Services provided food and refreshments on site during the event.
Download Tech Field Day 2016 Flyer v2
Contact: Bob Witte KØNR, firstname.lastname@example.org or 719 659-3727