Another great “Tech Field Day” has come and gone! Thanks to all who participated.. Tech Day has always been an education day, particularly aimed at the newer licensees. Field Day is the ARRL emergency preparedness operating event when radio clubs set up portable stations under field conditions. Our Tech Field Day is a one day event, on Sat, June 24th that combines the best of both activities. Please consider making plans to join us next year!
Black Forest Fire Station 1
11445 Teachout Road, Colorado Springs
W0TLM One-day education and radio operating event.
- Learn from informative presentations on amateur radio topics
- Operate a high frequency (HF) radio station with the helpful
guidance of an experienced radio ham
- Learn about emergency communications and public service
- Have a bunch of fun messing around with ham radio stuff!
- 2017 Schedule:
|8:30||Arduino for Ham Radio||Robert Ray KD0YMC|
|9:30||Radio Programming – Chirp||Chip Fleming K0CHP|
|10:30||County Office of Emergency Mgmt||Rich Painter N0RAP|
|11:30||Dry Training for Radio Operating||Stu Turner W0STU|
|12:00||Start Field Day Operating|
|13:30||What is SWR – How to measure it||Bob Witte K0NR|
|14:30||Crimp Connectors and Assembly||Mike Hoskins W0MJH|
|17:00||End of operations|
Two High Frequency Radio Stations
Get on the HF bands and make Field Day contacts under the direction of an experienced operator. You don’t even need an amateur radio license! The El Paso County Mobile Emergency Communications van is scheduled to operate on site!
Station 1: HF/VHF Phone Operations (SSB & FM, operated by Stu WØSTU)
- Extendable vertical for 6m – 20m, with ground radials.
- Loaded dipole for 40m for NVIS SSB phone.
- Horizontal Yagi 2m SSB; arrange timed contacts with other Field Day ops around region
- Vertical dual-band 2m/70cm for FM ops
Station 2: PSK31 Digital Station (operated by Larry NØAMP)
- Wire dipoles as constructed by Larry’s group project for 15m and/or 20m digital station ops
- Other antennas as required, possible use of 40m dipole above.
Pikes Peak Regional Fire Rehab Services will provid food and refreshments on site during the event.
Download Tech Field Day 2017 Flyer v1 (1)
Contact: Bob Witte KØNR, email@example.com or 719 659-3727
RF_Crimp_Connectors_and_Assembly Mike Hoskins