We are proud to announce that W0TLM now has its own well staffed, accredited, and active Volunteer Examiner team to test for FCC Amateur Radio licenses.
Rapid FCC submission and license process! Call signs or upgrades usually posted to FCC ULS database in one business day following successful examination.
WØTLM is proud to provide free FCC Amateur Radio Service license examinations to the Tri-Lakes Monument area with our Laurel ARC VEC-affiliated VE team. All license applicants are welcome to attend our exam sessions. All sessions offer Technician, General, and Extra Class exams. Please see the “What You’ll Need” information below before attending one of our VE exam sessions.
Regular Exam Session Location:
1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive
Monument, CO 80132
Scheduled exam sessions through 2018:
Feb 3 – 1:00 pm, Monument Library, open to public.
Mar 10 – Morning session supporting WØTLM General License Class
- Pre-registration is required for this session if you are not registered for the class offering.
- Seating is limited; license class students have priority.
- Black Forest Fire & Rescue Classroom, 11445 Teachout Road (Black Forest), Colorado Springs, CO 80908
May 5 – 10:00 am, Monument Library, open to public
Aug 4 – 10:00 am, Monument Library, open to public
Oct 6 (TENTATIVE) – Afternoon session supporting WØTLM Technician License Class, BFFR
Nov 3 – 10:00 am, Monument Library, open to public
Walk-ins are accepted at all regular location sessions. Other exam sessions and locations require pre-registration and may be viewed at the Laurel VEC web site page for the WØTLM VE Team. https://www.laurelvec.com/index.php?team=TriLakes
What You’ll Need:
- Before the exam session please register for a Federal Registration Number (FRN) on the FCC Wireless web site: https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
- Bring your FRN to the session – it avoids handling SSNs. (This is required, but we can help you look up your current FRN or register, if needed).
- Bring a copy of any current FCC license you hold – will not be returned.
- Bring a pen and a pencil – ink for forms, pencil for your answer sheet.
- Bring a conventional calculator, memories cleared. No cell phone use allowed.
- Bring a current valid photo ID such as a driver’s license, student ID, or military ID. (This is required)